Friday, April 18, 2008

Kaitlyn Marie Block

Here is our precious little girl. She is absolutely perfect!! She weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces at birth and is 18.5 inches in length. She measured a 9 out of 10 for the Apgar test - 10's are rarely given.

My water broke at 12:30am on Thursday morning and I had the baby at 5:22pm that same day. I labored for 12 hours and was told that I was only dilated to 1 cm. It was then that I decided to get a shot of narcotics. They also decided to give me pitocin...and then I decided what the heck I'll get the epidural. That helped out tremendously. By 3pm I was dilated to 6 cm and by 4:40 I was at 10 cm. I pushed for 45 minutes and it wasn't all that bad. More to come later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absoulutly BEAUTIFUL!!!! She is perfect! You are both so very blessed. I wish you many more happy and wonderous moments to come.

Love,
(Aunt) Denise
Welcome to the family little Kaitlyn!

Anonymous said...

She is tooo... cute.
I can't wait to pinch her neck.
(and kiss her)
love,
Great aunt cathy

karen said...

She is beautiful! Congrats mommy and daddy! How are you feeling dawn?

Welcome to the world little Kaitlyn :)