Monday, March 31, 2008

The Baby has Dropped...

Well, I went for my appointment today and did the usual...got my weight checked, peed in a cup, got my blood pressure taken (100/58), and then the doctor came in. He took my measurement, which was 34.5 cm. I questioned it because it was bigger last week. He said it's because the baby dropped. It was funny because before I left the house I was looking at my belly in the mirror and thought it looked a bit lower. And with all the pain I was having last night and the pressure I felt this morning I thought something had changed. Yep...it did (must have been the glass of wine I had yesterday). Now the baby is pressing down on my pelvic bones and bladder. It's even harder to get around, but I can still manage to get to the freezer where we're stocked with popsicles and ice cream. Then the doctor proceeded to check my cervix...not a comfortable experience since the baby managed to tip my uterus forward, which caused my cervix to move back. Needless to say, he couldn't really reach it, but he did say it's open for business. I also found out that I am allowed to take Tylenol PM - yeah!!! now maybe I can get some sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, but are you dilated yet?
When is that girl coming out?
love,
GREAT aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

Good luck Dawn! Can't wait to meet the little girl Block!